Date: 9/23/17 5:46 pm
From: Blake Hough <evergreenthinker...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Black-and-white Warbler at Montlake Fill
I was birding the Montlake Fill this morning and found a male
Black-and-white Warbler foraging in the tall trees (I think they are
cottonwoods?) directly east of Shovelerıs Pond. At first glance I assumed
it was a Black-throated Gray, but it had a streaky back, no yellow on the
face, and much more black/white streaking on the head/face/throat (vs. the
strong, thick black stripes of a Black-throated Gray). When I found it it
was feeding with a mixed flock of Chickadees and Orange Crowned Warblers.

I sent a note to Ryan Merrill, who forwarded it to Adrian Lee and he was
able to re-find it this afternoon.

Best,
Blake Hough