Date: 9/23/17 2:45 pm
From: Liga Auzins <llauzins...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Gilman Park update - 2nd attempt
My first attempt sent 2 hrs ago hasn't gone thru yet, so trying again.

Birders,

Fifteen plus birders roamed throughout Gilman Park Saturday AM. The early group including Jeff Bray, Bruce Aird, and others, reported the Blackpoll Warbler at the bathing spot. So far as I know it had note been resighted as of noon when we left. The Chestnut-sided made a brief visit to the bathing spot around 9am, but immediately disappeared to the north.

At about 10:45 the Chestnut -sided made another appearance at the park entrance on Tree Top Ln. It reminded high in the sycamore and eucalyptus that line the bank above the closed parking lot on the north boundary of the park (Rolling Hills) for 20+ minutes before disappearing. Half hour later it showed up briefly at the bathing spot before disappearing again.

No sightings of the Blackburnian Warbler this morning.

Migrants remained active and in number and variety throughout the morning.

Tom Wurster and Liga Auzins Wurster
Garden Grove

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!