Date: 9/23/17 2:03 pm
From: Christine Sheridan <cmsbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bittern at the D.O.T/Nashua
In my unending and mostly futile search for warblers migrating locally, I
stopped by the NH Department of Transportation lot off Broad Street at Exit
6. Bordering the Nashua River and opposite Mine Falls Park, it can be a
nice little spot to check.

No luck with warblers, but an American Bittern and I surprised one another
when I walked back past the little detention pond next to the parking
lot-- literally feet from the
Everett Turnpike! It didn't freeze for photos though, but flew toward the
Nashua River, and all I got were a few poor pics of it flying away.

Chris Sheridan
Nashua