Date: 9/23/17 1:25 pm
From: DEBRA SHEARWATER <debi...> [countybirders] <countybirders-noreply...>
Subject: [CB] Seabirds: Monterey & Santa Cruz Counties: Sep. 22
Howdy, County Birders,

Shearwater Journeys had a wonderful Monterey Bay pelagic trip on Friday, SEP. 22. We covered both Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties.

A few of the seabird highlights included:
BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS - both counties
PINK-FOOTED SHEARWATER - both counties
BULLER’S SHEARWATER- both counties
BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATER - Monterey only
SOUTH POLAR SKUA - Monterey only
POMARINE JAEGER - Monterey only
PARASITIC JAEGER- Monterey only
LONG-TAILED JAEGER- Monterey only
SABINE’S GULL- Monterey only
PIGEON GUILLEMOT- Monterey only
CASSIN’S AUKLET - both counties
RHINOCEROS AUKLET- both counties
TUFTED PUFFIN- both counties

In addition, we saw BLUE, FIN, and many HUMPBACK WHALES; RISSO’S and PACIFIC WHITE-SIDED DOLPHINS.

Spaces are still available on these upcoming MONTEREY BAY trips:
SEP 24 with Jim Holmes, Nick Levendosky, Alex Rinkert, Scott & Linda Terrill, Debi Shearwater
*SEP 30 with Alex Rinkert, Nick Levendosky, Scott & Linda Terrill, Clay Kempf
OCT 8 with Alex Rinkert, Nick Levendosky, Clay Kempf, Scott & Linda Terrill

Spaces are available on all trips. We meet at 7 a.m. and return about 3 p.m. For reservations email me: <debi...> <mailto:<debi...>

*PLEASE NOTE: SEP 30th is our annual SANTA CRUZ COUNTY pelagic trip! We’ve already seen some great SCZ County seabirds: FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATER, SOUTH POLAR SKUA, SABINE’S GULL, ASHY STORM-PETREL, GUADALUPE, CRAVERI’S and SCRIPPS’S MURRELETS, and NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH and AMERICAN REDSTART! This trip is $105 and is a regular trip from 7 am to 3 pm.

Living the Salt Life and SeaBirding for Science,
Debi Shearwater

DEBRA SHEARWATER
Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
PO Box 190
Hollister, CA 95024
831.637.8527
<debi...>
www.shearwaterjourneys.com
www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

Celebrating 42 Years of Seabirding with Shearwater Journeys
Siberia’s Forgotten Coast & Spoon-billed Sandpiper-2019
Galapagos Islands: 30 October - 12 November 2019

Join us on Facebook!