Date: 9/23/17 11:01 am
From: Art Weigand <aweigand13...>
Subject: Oak Park Wichita
The park was hopping with warblers this morning. Particularly the S. E. corner. I estimated at least 75 Nashvilles. I also saw 7 Orange-crowned, 2 Wilson's, 4 Yellows, 2 Black and Whites, 1 Redstart and late in the morning I stumbled across a Black-throated Green in the tall Burr Oak above the pump. It was the only warbler seen in an Oak all morning. The others seemed to prefer hackberries.
Cheryl Miller joined me mid-morning and got most of the warblers listed. We did get a brief glimpse at a warbler with 2 wing bars but we lost it. I also ran across 10 Brown Thrashers throughout the park.
All in all a pretty good morning. I'll take 7 warbler species on a fall day anytime.

Art Weigand
Wichita KS
Oak Ridge Park, Beaver Lake AR
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html