Date: 9/23/17 10:12 am
From: John Nelson <jnelson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Dunback Meadows passerine flock
The birding was pretty slow at Dunback Meadows in Lexington this morning on
the BBC trip led by Jim McCoy, but just after the trip ended, around 9:15,
I got lucky when a mixed flock of passerines, about 30 birds in all, flew
across a field and landed on either side of the trail that goes right from
the junction toward the bridge. The flock was moving fast, with birds
quickly flying off or dropping out of view, but, along with another BBC
trip member (Ninand?), I got on as many birds as I could, including:

1 Blue-headed Vireo
2 Red-eyed Vireos
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
1 Nashville Warbler
1 A. Redstart
2 Northern Parulas
1 Chestnut-sided Warbler
1 Blackpoll Warbler
1 Canada Warbler
1 Lincoln's Sparrow

The flock was headed roughly in the direction of the Allen St. entrance,
but I was unable to relocate it on my way out.

John Nelson
Gloucester

Join us on Facebook!