Date: 9/23/17 10:07 am
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: Allegheny County--Beechwood Farms
Hi,

I took a walk at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve this morning. The new parking lot is complete, some of the upper trails have been redone and there are new restrooms around the backside of the building, under the barn where birdseed is stored.

I saw a beautifully fresh Lincoln's Sparrow near the feeding area just as I arrived. Most of the activity was along the trail around the pond. Numerous Cedar Waxwings were flycatching in the meadow. There were a lot of towhees around and many of them were females.

Chimney Swift - 1
Cuckoo sp. - 1 (A cuckoo flew over and I could not relocate it. Brian Shema told me a yellow-billed has been around.)
Solitary Sandpiper - 1
Eastern Phoebe - 2
Red-eyed Vireo - 2
House Wren - 1
Swainson's Thrush - several calling, I saw one
Gray Catbird - 1
Cedar Waxwing - 30 plus
Common Yellowthroat - 1
Hooded Warbler - 1
American Redstart - 4
Magnolia Warbler - 3
Bay-breasted Warbler - 1
Black-throated Green Warbler - at least 4
Lincoln's Sparrow - 2

Mike Fialkovich
Pittsburgh Area, Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!