Date: 9/23/17 7:26 am
From: Marlene A Condon via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] first-of-season Ruby-crowned Kinglet, western Albemarle
I saw a first-of-season Ruby-crowned Kinglet on Sept. 21 in my back yard.  My hubby said he heard one this morning out there.

We also have been hearing and seeing young cardinals around the past few days that must have hatched recently.

Lastly, the Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs have just started to arrive at the house, but I'm not expecting many.  Their numbers have dropped since we had the 2 extremely cold February months of 2014 and 2015.  Quite a few animals have decreased in number because of those two Februarys.  I'm thinking of writing about it.  I expect the decrease was probably fairly wide-spread in Virginia, especially as I've not heard anyone vociferously complaining about stink bugs at the hawk watch sites.  If anyone wishes to provide me with their observations, I would appreciate hearing them.  Thanks!

Sincerely,
Marlene