Date: 9/23/17 1:35 am
From: 'Willick, Doug' <doug.willick...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Plumbeous Vireo at HCP

Apologies for the late posting on this, but being curious if there were any migrants away from Gilman Park these days, I did a few hours of birding at Huntington Central Park (east of Goldenwest), on Thursday afternoon (21 Sept.) Despite strong s.w. winds initially (10-12 mph), there ended up being a pretty decent variety of migrants. The best concentration of migrants seemed to be in the usual area, known by some as the "Island" (the strip of dense riparian habitat in the eastern side of the park, about 200 yards southwest of the Gothard Street parking lot). The only thing of note was a Plumbeous Vireo, which may have been a continuing bird from a few days ago. I had a brief look at an apparent Swainson's Thrush in this same general area.

Doug Willick
Orange, CA

Join us on Facebook!