Date: 9/22/17 7:50 pm
From: Josiah Clark <josiah.clark621...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Lobos valley this evening
A better than usual afternoon walk for this area in my experience with good diversity.
6 spp of warbler including 1 Bt gray and 1 yellowthroat, 1 willow, 2 western flycatchers, 4 house and 2 bewick's Wren. 4 spp of raptor including a Cooper's and a male American kestrel has set up on the wires there. Also bluebirds, a hairy woodpecker and pine siskins about.
A couple of purple finches were foraging and hanging around fruiting twinberry, my first in some time. They seem to take a summer vacation.
A barn owl was hanging around and calling frequently by 17th and lake st the last two nights, hunting rats no doubt. Coyotes and gh owl have been common night sounds here as well. Good luck rounding up those birds everybody!

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional