Date: 9/22/17 12:52 pm
From: Nick Bonomo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Extralimital: October offshore pelagic opportunity
Hi all,

See below for a rare opportunity to get to deep water offshore southern New England during the middle of autumn. This trip has never been run in October!

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Greetings:

The Brookline Bird Club cancelled their September Pelagic trip because of Jose. The Captain has an opening for Saturday, and Sunday OCTOBER 14, 15 , 2017. This is a transition time of year. If enough people sign up, We will go from Hyannis, MA to the Hydrographer Canyon area. Warm waters are changing to cooler waters. Anything is possible: shearwaters, skuas (the Great Skua would also be possible) , storm petrels (even the white-faced is possible) , Gulls, including Sabines and Kittewakes, phalaropes, sea ducks and of course, the mammals. Excellent Photo ops… Limit: 50 participants
Cost: BBC members $310, non-members $330
We will have master birders Marshal Iliff, Nicholas Bonomo, Peter Flood and possibly Kate Sutherland leading the trip. Our boat is the Helen H. It is a very comfortable, fast, 100-foot fishing boat with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic captain and crew. We use gallons of chum to attract the birds. There is a full galley with excellent food at reasonable prices. Parking is free.
To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to Brookline Bird Club Agent along with a signed Waiver to Ida Giriunas, 83 Summer Ave, Reading, MA 01867 and include your email or your postal address for confirmation, boarding instructions, and other details.
To register and to receive further information and a waiver form:
Contact Ida at 781-929-8772, <ida8...>
Ida Giriunas
Reading, MA
<ida8...>