Date: 9/22/17 11:31 am
From: weatherbird58 <weatherbird58...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Warblers near Boone
I've been experimenting with a rock pile bird bath and a recirculating
bubbler. This morning it got active for a short time. First 3 chickadees
came in for a drink and a quick bath. Next thing we knew, there were two
Nashville's, a Magnolia and two Black-throated Green Warblers taking a
look. One of the Nashville's tried to surf the bubbler but was too
skittish to make much progress. Then we saw 3 Chestnut-sided Warblers, all
of which eventually took a bath- briefly two at once!

A short time later they cleared out and I circled the yard without a sign
of migrant activity. Yesterday I heard Ruby-crowned Kinglet and
Red-breasted Nuthatch.

Karl Jungbluth
2 miles south of Boone