Date: 9/22/17 10:55 am
From: Mark Eaton <marksffo...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] white winged parakeet still in San Francisco?
Robert,

I went through eBird for the last 5 years for both Yellow-chevroned and White-winged Parakeet and could only find one record from 2013 near the historical center of the population. The few recent records seem to have no pattern I could discern. It seems reasonable to conclude that the Dolores Park population is extirpated, which seems to agree with a private thread i was involved in from two years ago.

Mark
---
Mark Eaton
Photography: http://www.markeaton.org

> On Sep 21, 2017, at 17:18, Robert Martin <rpjmartin555...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> A quick favor to ask of this group.
>
> I am doing some research on San Francisco based non-natives and was wondering if anyone knows of a place to have a reasonable chance of finding a white-winged or yellow-chevroned parakeet.
>
> I have looked at ebird to see where sightings have been posted in the past several years. Does anyone know if this species is still seen?
>
> I have looked among the cherry headed conures but have never seen the parakeets associating with them.
>
> Please direct message me with any information, advice or comments.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Robert Martin
>

> White-winged Parakeet (Brotogeris versicolurus)
>
> Yellow-chevroned Parakeet (Brotogeris chiriri)

Join us on Facebook!