Date: 9/21/17 11:30 pm
From: Kent Van Vuren <VanVurenK...> [countybirders] <countybirders-noreply...>
Subject: [CB] Black-Throated Sparrow at O'Neill Forebay
Hi All,

This afternoon I was lucky enough to see and photograph the second county record of Black-throated Sparrow at the O’Neill Forebay, Merced County.

It was seen at the San Luis Creek (west side) of the forebay. Directions are: Go to the boat ramp launch area, walk to the end of the beach to the north where
another paved trail heads to the group campground. The bird was first seen in a tobacco plant about 100 ft. from the start of this part of the trail.
I also had a flock of 7 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers in another area which is the most i have had in one spot ever in all my years of birding California.
Some migrants at Basalt campground. Probably the best sighting being of 25 Barn Owls.

a poor photo of the bird is at:

"https://www.flickr.com/photos/groucho_24/36568969143/in/dateposted-public/" title=“647A2945"

Kent Van Vuren
Prunedale, CA