Date: 9/21/17 4:05 pm
Subject: Re: La Moye Park
I have gone there several times. Greene County has the lowest species
count of any county in NC (91). When we were being encouraged to bird in
other counties, I made it a point to try to find places to bird in Greene
County. It has been a challenge to find any public space. The boat ramps
are about the only public space I could find. The boat ramp in Snow Hill
has a bigger land area. I took a kayak and birded from the creek last time
and had pretty good luck.

I think the number of species is so low because, as near as I can
determine, there are no large bodies of water in the county.

I didn't submit it as a hotspot but if you are not familiar with the area,
it may be helpful to someone trying to find a place to bird.

Ann Brice
Wilson, NC

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 6:31 PM, Peter Quadarella <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> Has anyone been to the ebird hotspot "La Moye Park" in Greene County, NC?
> Either I missed something while there today or it is completely overgrown
> with kudzu and other vegetation - so not much of a hotspot anymore.
>
> Peter Quadarella,
> Weddington, NC

Join us on Facebook!