Date: 9/21/17 11:26 am
From: David Lawton via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hartford - Interesting Large Falcon
Minutes ago. From office downtown, I heard a Peregrune alarm cry and turned
to watch a large grayish brown bird I initially thought was a RTH scaring a
large pigeon flock and being bothered by a significantly smaller Peregrine.

It headed south maybe a kilometer quickly on stiff straight wings before
returning toward me, passing my building. At which point the Peregrine took
after it again and I lost sight.

It had an obviously distended crop, with head protruding out and downward.
It was large and powerful, with significant barring high on the chest to
its throat. Mustache less clearly defined but dark and wide.

Color viewed from above, as mentioned above, was not at all slate blue-gray
but warm toned dark reddish brown.

David Lawton
Avon, CT