Date: 9/21/17 11:00 am
From: Mike <gardenbug99...>
Subject: [COBOL] Fall Yard Birds
Here at Eagle Crest we have had a changing of the guard. Lesser Goldfinches are back in good numbers. Had one American a couple of weeks ago, but did not stay around. Still one Anna's Hummer around. The two towhees that were here for a couple of weeks have disappeared. Large numbers of quail still around. Up to 50 in the yard right now. Pinon Jays seemed to have found greener pastures as we have had none for at least six months. Have seen none of the White-crowns or Gold-crowns that others have reported as returned. Mourning Doves are here, but not in the usual numbers. A pair of Great Horned Owls can be heard every morning just at daylight.
On the "Ugh" side, have a regular contingent of at least 50 House Sparrows and the Collared Doves continue to increase.
Mike Golden