Date: 9/21/17 10:26 am
From: Deborah Grove <dsg4...>
Subject: Birding this morning in Huntingdon County
Greg and I went to SGL 322 to take a loop trail we often do. We decided to look at the logged area nearby first in case there were some Lincoln Sparrows around.
We didn't find any sparrows but found a feeding flock with 8 warbler species and a Philadelphia Vireo. They were moving thru trees beside the logging road in the morning sunlight. Probably undercounted the individuals.
The trail that we eventually took is along cliffs high above the Juniata River at Warrior Ridge. We had 3 Pine Warblers there but also heard a Yellow=throated Vireo below the cliffs.
At the logged area I heard a Bay-breasted Warbler song although very short. Later heard the chattering call of one of the Tennessees that we saw. The Pine Warblers were singing some as well in perhaps Table Mountain Pines.

SGL 322 logged area, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 21, 2017 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
27 species

Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1