Date: 9/21/17 9:06 am
From: Florence Sanchez <sanchezucsb11...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Botanic Garden Wood-Pewee
I just left the Garden ( 8:45 a.m.) after observing the Wood-Pewee that Rebecca Coulter found yesterday.   It is still hanging out near the Campbell Bridge.  Simply stand there and look downstream (southeast) and wait.  It calls frequently.  After listening and observing it for 25 minutes, I am not sure of the identity of this bird, though I lean toward Western Wood-Pewee.  Expert photos and observers are needed--go now if you can.  More on my notes later.
Florence SanchezPS--Adult male Black-throated Gray Warbler, a couple of Wilson's Warblers, and a Western Tanager also in vicinity.

Join us on Facebook!