Date: 9/21/17 8:16 am
From: David Antieau <dkantieau...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Neighborhood birds
Dear birders,
My 5.3 mile morning walk in the Irving Park neighborhood turned up 9 species of warblers. The first, a Wilson's, was in my yard. The other 8 species were in 3 concentrated areas along the Chicago River, from Grace to Montrose. They included: Palm 3, Nashville 3, Redstart 3, Black-throated Green 2, Chestnut-sided 2, Bay-breasted 2, Magnolia 1, and Blackpoll 1. When the sunlight caught the heads of the Chestnut-sided warblers, they were brilliant.
Yesterday, I heard, then saw, a Carolina Wren, in the woodlot at Hamlin & Grace (south end of my block). The only other one I've had in my neighborhood (60618) was along the river, about 1.5 miles from home, several years ago. My other highlight for yesterday's walk was a Red-breasted Nuthatch.
For the birds!
Dave <Antieaudkantieau...>, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!