Date: 9/20/17 7:17 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Odiorne Pt Shorebirds 9/20
I stopped by Odiorne Point after work today, hoping for some of the
shorebirds that Steve Mirick reported yesterday. Got a few too --
mostly peeps and Semipalmated Plovers. Several birds in particular
stood out from the pack:

2 Pectoral Sandpipers,
1 Ruddy Turnstone
1 Semipalmated Sandpiper that seemed to have a nasty injury on its
left shoulder or the left side of its neck -- the feathers were all
churned up and I could see a hint of red underneath.

And 1 bird that I'm not sure of. It had a drooped bill like a
Dunlin, but it seemed larger than a Dunlin and the wrong color - more
a flat gray than the scaly medium-dark gray I associate with
Dunlin. In hindsight, I'm wondering if it was a Curlew Sandpiper.

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH