Date: 9/20/17 5:31 pm
From: Stephen Johnson via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Silver Lake Regional Park, Sep 20, 2017

Hello birders,

My favorite part of Dixie Sommers' report today for the NVBC walk at Huntley, was the mixed flock.

For myself, today was my first ever visit to eBird hot spot Silver Lake Regional Park (Prince William county). A nice assortment of birds, not a huge load of warblers but good overall variety. The highlight for me was the one mixed flock of the day.

Different from the usual, this flock had no chickadee / titmouse members, and no woodpeckers. In fact it only had 3 individual birds, but they were the "best birds" of the day in my opinion. The list is below, see if you agree.

It was very calm (no wind) and quiet - I'm pretty sure these were the only 3 birds in this "flock", if you can call it that: Blue-headed Vireo, and Black-throated Green and Tennessee Warbler, all actively foraging near each other.

Cheers!!
Steve Johnson
Fairfax, Virginia