Date: 9/19/17 11:01 pm
From: PETER LOW <plbirder...>
Subject: [COBOL] Orchard Oriole
Hi all, after work today I stopped by Hatfield, perched up in the patch of Tule's was a female/1st winter Orchard Oriole. Was also seen foraging in the weeds accompanied by Yellow-rumped Warblers far from Junipers.
I lost visual while attempting to photograph at the same time a Northern Harrier and Sharp-shinned Hawk put in an appearance. Despite further searching with others, could not relocate the Bird. May be worth searching tomorrow.
Small Oriole not much bigger than a Warbler, underparts all Yellow, head mantle and Tail Greenish, Two prominent White wing bars with short pointy slightly decurved bill.

Shorebirds Present and Others:

Long-billed Dowitcher 6
Greater Yellowlegs 3
Western Sandpiper 3