Date: 9/19/17 4:08 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Hummingbirds. Koch property, Northampton County
I continue to have 3-5 rubythroats chasing each other around the yard daily. Most of them are young birds that arrive and leave daily, as has been the case since July when juveniles began moving around. And, as usual, young males outnumber young females. Occasionally an adult female appears before moving on, but most, as I said, are juveniles. I've also been seeing one here and there high in the sky moving over the fields as I've looked for migrating raptors at the edge of the yard. If things play out here like they've been doing for more than 15 years, I'll see at least one rubythroat into the first week of October. I had a rufous back in 2001 but I'm still looking for that BIG one!
 Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!