Date: 9/19/17 3:27 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Patuxent Refuge News
The POST published an article in the Metro sec today regarding the Refuge's
ending its Whooping Crane propagation efforts. I don't think this falls
into the category of "bad news" although I haven't read the full article
yet. It's of interest to me especially as I worked in this program in the
early 1970's when it was in its infancy. Likely, as a historical issue, it
might interest others...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/09/18/a-50-year-effort-to-raise-endangered-whooping-cranes-comes-to-an-end/?utm_term=.e726685320fb

If the link doesn't work, I found it by searching for "Patuxent"

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County
WA Co. MOS member