Date: 9/19/17 2:41 am
From: Dave DeReamus <becard...>
Subject: Stilt Sandpiper continued, Northampton County
The retention pond by Koch Toyota continued to hold a Stilt Sandpiper at dusk on Monday. Also seen there were the following:

1 Green-winged Teal
10 Killdeer
4 Least Sandpipers
11 Pectoral Sandpipers
1 Spotted Sandpiper
2 Greater Yellowlegs
8 Lesser Yellowlegs

A Semipalmated Plover was there when I did a quick stop much earlier in the day.

The basin is located along Newburg Road, just east of Route 33. With the apparent loss of the flooded fields near Green Pond due to the raising of the road a few years ago, this spot presently looks like one of the best alternatives to the now-defunct Green Pond site. I wrote a short story on the situation with a few mediocre photos that can be found at: http://becard.blogspot.com/2017/09/promising-shorebird-habitat-in.html

Good birding,
Dave DeReamus
Palmer Township, PA
becard -at- rcn.com