Date: 9/18/17 7:30 pm
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [COBOL] ECAS HawkWatch on Green Ridge
East Cascades Audubon Society's Fall Raptor Survey begins this weekend,
Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th, up on Green Ridge outside of
Sisters. The weather forecast calls for clear skies, fall temperatures in
the mid sixties and a boat load of birds moving through.
We are always looking for participants as the more eyes to the skies the
better. All are welcome whether you want to assist in observing for the
day or just want to come up for awhile to visit and enjoy the beautiful
view of the Cascades and fall colors. This citizen science project will
continue on the weekends of Sept. 30th & Oct. 1st, Oct. 7th & 8th, Oct.
14th & 15th. The weekend of Oct. 21st & 22nd will be optional depending on
the availability of observers and weather conditions. Our project's parent
organization is HawkWatch International and I will be attending their
Raptor Celebration at Government Camp this Saturday representing ECAS.
However, former project coordinator Kim "the man" Boodie has graciously
volunteered to cover for me and will record data from birder extraordinaire
Peter Low. If you have not been to the site before you can meet me each
day at Indian Ford Campground at 9:00 for a ride or follow me up if you
don't want to stick it out till 5:00. (Please remember if you are early
you are on time. If you are on time you are late and if you are late you
are left!) If you follow the signs to Green Ridge Fire Lookout off USFS's
paved 11 road you will see the signs I have already posted to the to the
site. Detailed information and directions can be found on the ECAS's
excellent website under the projects link. Once again ECAS has generously
provided a porta potty for the convenience of participants and visitors,
thanks! Please feel free to contact me via email or give a call anytime at
541-923-6943 if you have any questions. Bring on the migrants!

David Vick
Project Coordinator