Date: 9/17/17 6:15 pm
From: reports--- via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Harvey's Knob (17 Sep 2017) 926 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 1 1
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 2 2

Total: 926 1719 1793

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 17:30:00
Total observation time: 9.5 hours

Official Counter: David Brunstetter

Observers: Baron Gibson, Darryl Martin, Matt Hosmer, Mitch Mitchell

Visitors:
Once again we had a lot of exceptionally good eyes in the sky: Matt, Mitch,
Darryl, King, Dale, Baron, Mike, Toni, Andrew and family, Tina and Kam,
Phillip, Robin and Allen, Bill and Katie, Dillard, George, John, Randy and
Vickie, Tim and Sue, Bob and Claudia, and Ranger Amy. If I missed you, it
was either cause I did not see you or cannot read my own writing on the
data sheet. You guys were tremendous.

Weather:
Temps ranged from 64F - 76F. Definitely felt hotter today. Mainly cause the
wind was 0-1 all day. Varied from N to WNW to NE, N, and E. Cloud cover was
100% in the morning with a beautiful blanket of fog over the Western
Valley. Cloud cover decreased to a low of 40% as the day went on.
Visibility was 4-5.

Raptor Observations:
Nice streams/kettles of BW's today. Had a group of over 500, another of
185, and one of 47. Lots of Eagles today. Adult BE were seen at 11:40a (a
pair), 12:30a, 12:53p, 1:20p, 3:15p (a pair), and 3:30p. Immature BE were
seen at 10:20a, 12:50 p, 2:15p, and a nice 3rd year BE at 2:45p. There was
controversy re a final eagle at the end of the day. Mitch, after you blow
up your pictures, email to me for further discussion.
All 3 species of falcon were represented.

Non-raptor Observations:
6 monarchs, 1 redheaded woodpecker, and 4 VW Microbuses.

Predictions:
Similar weather. More birds.
Report submitted by Dave Brunstetter (<DRB57...>)
Harvey's Knob information may be found at:
http://bijame.googlepages.com/home

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=482