Date: 9/14/17 8:35 am
From: '<dacooper...>' <dacooper...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Golden-winged Warbler at Dunback 9/14
It was pretty quiet at Dunback this morning, so I was really surprised to run across a Golden-winged Warbler just as I was about to leave. It was at the 4-way intersection, on the right side just after you turn right at the intersection (coming in from Alan Street). I got only brief looks, but saw two big yellow wing bars and a strong facial pattern with a large dark area through the eye and a dark throat and a greenish-gold crown. My first impression was that it was a male, but I’m not certain. The breast was greyish, certainly not a bright yellow.

After hanging around for about half an hour, I got another brief look just several steps further down the path. In both cases it was low in the bushes a foot or two off the ground. A single Chickadee and Redstart were nearby both times.

Renee LaFontaine
Medford, MA

Posted by: "<dacooper...>" <dacooper...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)