Date: 9/14/17 8:01 am
From: Margaret Brittingham <mxb21...>
Subject: Arboretum Bird Walk
The threatening rain must have kept people away but we actually did not get
wet today. Slow in terms of migrants but lots and lots of goldfinches and
catbirds. Most of the activity was in the first field where goldfinches
darted among the thistle and goldenrod. had a group of 6 mockingbirds at
one spot. Perhaps a family? We searched and searched for warblers but
only had 1 common yellowthroat and 1 chestnut-sided warbler and the
possibility of a magnolia. Did find 31 species overall. Complete list of
species is pasted below.

There will be two walks next week.

*Friday September 22 and Saturday September 23*
Both will start at 8:00 AM at the Arboretum parking lot and end at 9:30.

Hope to see some of you there.

PSU Arboretum, Centre, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 14, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling