Date: 9/14/17 4:50 am
From: Mark Aronson via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Bustling Boils of Blues Bring Birds - Sandy Point Sunset
Last night, 8.13, the New Haven harbor surface was roiling with rising bait and pursuing bluefish which brought mostly laughing gulls in to feed. Hundreds of minnow sized silvery things (I know birds not fish) were beached at the point and gulls chowed-down on the water's edge.
A small flock of twenty or so terns, mostly Forster's and Common also included a Black, came to see what fuss and opportunity was about? Nearby a molting adult American Golden Plover (but do I really know birds) watched as I did likewise.