Date: 9/13/17 6:47 pm
From: Lisa Hug <lisahug...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Mourning Warbler
Hi Birders,

Three of us saw the Mourning warbler today at the Fish Docks in Point
Reyes National Seashore. Bob Battagin, a woman named Galen (last name?)
and I.

The bird was searched for for a few hours in the morning, down by the
fish docks area where Dea Freid described yesterday.

At around 11:00 or so, the three of us went up to the upper trail the
one that starts near the restrooms and goes along the Cypress trees to
Chimney.

Just where the Cypress trees begin, there are some Coyote Brush bushes
that abut up against the first short Cypress tree along the path. this
is where Galen spotted it as it popped up briefly out of the to of the
bush. We all got a brief look and then it skulked back into the bush.
It then, flew down the hill to some thickets of blackberry bush with
some poison hemlock in front of it. SWe saw it in the poison hemlock a
couple times and then it disappeared. I stayed until 2:00 with various
observers and it wasn't seen again.

We did see the American Redstart and the Chestnut-sided warbler from
that trail.

I got one terrible photo.

Here is my ebird checklist with the photo.

Lisa Hug

Sebastopol, CA

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)