Date: 9/13/17 5:27 pm
From: JM Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] recordings from Red Crossbills on Trudeau Road 8/13
After much delay I finally submitted some of the recordings Michael and I got of red crossbills from August over to Cornell. They were simply recorded on my iPhone (haven’t figured out how to send info from the SX50 recordings yet). The results were surprising. And all the red crossbills were all from one day 8/13 on Trudeau Road.

Type 3 and WW crossbill (see attached) per Tim these are the first confirmed Type 3s in the state (by date).
Red crossbills along stream: These are mostly or all chitter calls IMO -- I'd leave as just Red Crossbill
Crossbills Calling Red: Classic "Eastern" Type 10 and WW Crossbill (see attached)
Crossbills Red: more classic "Western" Type 10 (see attached)

(also submitted were) 8/12ww crossbills from Pittsburg: WW Crossbill

It is pretty interesting what they can determine from a little phone recording. Please be encouraged to tape any crossbills you come across and send on to these folks.

Jeanne-Marie Maher
Nashua NH