Date: 9/13/17 4:36 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Rumney Philadelphia Vireo, Wood Thrush, Catbird 9/13
At various times in the afternoon, I encountered a few birds. Mid day on a walk, there were zero… talk about mid-day doldrums.

While painting a shed in the meadow at about 4, a Wood Thrush was calling its Tut-tut-tut. A Gray Catbird also was meowing in the area of some dogwood fruit. Two Northern Cardinals chimed in from a nearby apple ( Massive crop on some this year).
Back at the house just before six, I watched nine Tufted Titmice fly across the drive into a cluster of young pine trees… I knew there were seven regulars but the two extra were nice to see.
One of the crab apples ad several birds in it and I was able to ID 3 Nashville Warblers and a Philadelphia Vireo at naked eye range. Three more birds slipped out the back side; warblers but not enough to ID.

There also are two or three groups of Wild Turkeys around, one has two hens and three young still only about two thirds grown. Haven’t seen a tom among any of the groups.

John R Williams
Rumney