Date: 9/13/17 3:36 pm
From: Sara Mayers <sarabirding...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Black-and-White Warbler, Pt Loma 9/13/17
While I sat quietly with binns on my gazebo this afternoon, an adult
male Black-and-White Warbler treated me to a nearly half-hour show as it
picked worms off the trunk and lower branches of our Chinese Elm tree.
It seemed unaware of me and was only 10-20' away most of the time. A
bright, sharp bird with no hint of yellow wash, it crept along over and
under branches, giving me views of details from every angle (heavy black
streaking on sides, black cheek, white eye ring, a small spot of black
on the otherwise white throat, black markings on undertail coverts,
white undertail edged with black, black and white stripes on top of
head, etc.). What a delight!
A Pacific-slope Flycatcher was under the tree the whole time also.

Sara Baase Mayers
Point Loma (San Diego)
<sarabirding...>

Join us on Facebook!