Date: 9/13/17 2:02 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Off Topic: Birder-friendly vacation rentals?
Hi

I was going through old unread emails, and saw yours.

I recommend The Village at North Pointe (Depoe Bay) for seabird watching. See www.keystonevacationsoregon.com for listings. Admiral’s Getaway and Sea View are closest to the ocean and deep water, and are upper floors with the best view over waves.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 9:52 AM, Sandi Morey <hobbsmorey...> wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm looking for info on vacation rentals (houses, condos, even hotel/motel with the right conditions) that are situated in such a way that birders who like to use their scopes or digiscope would have a good "perch" from which to view/photograph birds. I'm hoping to put together a spreadsheet or other document that we can refer to and also that could be shared if there's interest.
>
> For example, at the Running Y Ranch in Klamath Falls, there's at least one condo building that has units with decks overlooking the golf course pond, perfect for digiscoping the variety of birds that show up there. Not that one would have to spend the entire day looking through a scope, but it's fun to get up with the sun, look at birds while the coffee's brewing. Lazy person's birding?
>
> Pacific NW locations would be good, easy access, but anywhere in the country could potentially be of interest.
>
> Any suggestions? Info I'd like to have (at this point I'm just starting out on the project) is where is it (city/town), how to contact whoever is in charge of rental arrangements, any hotspots it might be near that would interest those with a scope, and possibly number of people it accommodates.
>
> Just throwing this out there, thanks for any info you might share. And please reply privately, thanks.
>
> Sandi Morey
> NE Portland

Join us on Facebook!