Date: 9/13/17 11:48 am
From: Jon Kauffman <jvk5019...>
Subject: September 13th Migration Morning at Shaver's Creek
Hello all,

An overcast morning with a light rain towards the end produced a relatively
quiet Migration Morning Walk on Red Rose Rd this morning. Thirteen
participants were not short handed in observing active American
Goldfinches, a lone Black-throated Green Warbler, abundance of Gray
Catbirds, and a speckled landscape of blooming golden rod and fall colors
of Virginia creeper.

Thanks for all those that came out this morning and I hope that you can
join us next Wednesday, as our bird walk series continues from 7:30 to 9
am.

And a special thanks to Wiscoy for Animals for their continued support.

Be well,
Jon

Red Rose Rd., Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 13, 2017 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
20 species

Mourning Dove 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 4
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 2
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 1
Common Raven 1
Black-capped Chickadee 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Swainson's Thrush 1
American Robin 2
Gray Catbird 5
Cedar Waxwing 1
Common Yellowthroat 3
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Northern Cardinal 1
American Goldfinch 15

Lake Perez, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 13, 2017 9:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Protocol: Stationary
6 species

Canada Goose 2
Wood Duck 5
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Great Blue Heron 1
Osprey 1
Belted Kingfisher 1

Jon Kauffman
Raptor Center Assistant Director
Shaver's Creek Environmental Center| Penn State University
3400 Discovery Road| Petersburg, Pa 16669
814-865-4115

Join us on Facebook!