Date: 9/13/17 10:24 am
Subject: Re: Hudsonian godwits @ Lake Wheeler, Wake NC appear to be gone
The Wilson's Phalarope also appears to have disappeared overnight, as Kevin
worked the mudflats in back. I only scoped from the overlook, and saw the
4+ Stilt Sandpipers, but little else of note.

Odd "glitch" with eBird. I see the eBird and the editors got this as a
rare sighting, as it shows on the CBC Sightings list for Sept. 12 -- with
Stacy Barbour's excellent and definitive photos (yes, it is a Wilson's and
not the more hurricane-expected Red-necked). But, even though "Lake
Wheeler marshes" shows as the hotspot, when I enter this as the hotspot,
and look at View Details, there is no listing for Wilson's Phalarope for 12
Sep 2017. How can that be? The last sighting of the species on the list
says 20 Aug 2017. As with so many other computer glitches, I suspect it
has to do with the dreaded apostrophe -- Wilson's. Any way an editor can
fix this to show Wilson's Phalarope on the Lake Wheeler marshes species
list as last seen on 12 Sep 2017?

Harry LeGrand

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Kevin Hudson <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> I hiked around SW side of lake to check out slough - handful of stilt
> sandpipers & lesser yellowlegs, but no godwits.
>
> Kevin Hudson
> Raleigh NC

Join us on Facebook!