Date: 9/13/17 9:26 am
From: Chris Kubiak <ckubiak...>
Subject: Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve Wednesday Walk (Allegheny County) 9-13
All,

This morning we had a fantastic showing of migrant warblers and other birds,
including seemingly every Cedar Waxwing in Allegheny County on the property,
on our weekly Wednesday walks at Beechwood. Starting at 9 am with myself and
Brian Shema, along with a number of other local birders, we discovered 9
species of warblers including Blue-winged, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Black
and White, Tennessee, Blackburnian, American Redstart, Hooded, Black
throated-green.

Along with the warblers we had a briefly calling Yellow-billed Cuckoo, 2
Scarlet tanager females, an immature male Baltimore Oriole, 2-3 Swainson
Thrushes, a number of Red-eyed Vireos (one feeding what we presume was a
younger bird)at least 2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and a lone immature
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, amongst easily 100+ Cedar Waxwings eating the
remaining black cherries on the tress.

If you get a chance to head out an bird, Beechwood is hoping right now!

Chris Kubiak| Director of Education

Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania

614 Dorseyville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15238

412-963-6100 ext. 12 | aswp.org

Connecting People to Birds and Nature Since 1916!

Join us on Facebook!