Date: 9/13/17 9:04 am
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Lake Barney, Dane Co.

I refound Greg Hottman's Nelson Sparrow, and I agree that there may have been one or two more. I flushed 3 sparrow that flew into a clump of Canary Grass. I only had one come out, and it was the Nelson's. I saw another over aways, later on ,but didn't see any in the first spot.
I also saw what was probably the ammo. sparrow that Marty and Chuck saw. A very tough call ,in the field, as to whether it is a young Henslow's or LeConte's. I also flushed a probable Henslow's.
Had knockout views of Sedge and Marsh Wrens and Lincoln's Sparrow, in the morning light.
The flooded field had snipe, yellowlegs, Pectoral and Solitary Sandpipers, Killdeer and 10 Golden Plovers.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane Co.