Date: 9/13/17 8:16 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] WWebster Park - 9/13
    Seemed like a good migration day, but with many birds still arriving or moving very close to the lakeshore at 9:45 when we needed to head home.Bob & Sue Spahn, <rspahn...>
Webster Park--Campground area, Monroe, New York, US
Sep 13, 2017 8:15 AM - 9:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.9 mile(s)
Comments:    Sue and I did one of our relatively short walks from the parking lot across from Kanatota Lodge over to and in the camping road, then counter-clockwise around the "brush loop" on the west side of that road and back up the camping road and open field to the car. The long time for that short a walk was for lots of spishing and screech-owl whistling at several points.
    Clearly birds were moving today, but small birds were hard to find in the dense foliage. Did have great looks a few interesting birds. Back at the parking lot it was clear that lots of birds were just coming down and/or moving along the lake very close to the lake. This accounts for some of the higher numbers, especially of Am. Robin.
29 species (+1 other taxa)

Ring-billed Gull  1
Mourning Dove  2
Eastern Screech-Owl  5
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  9
Downy Woodpecker  5
Hairy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  3
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Philadelphia Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo  3
Blue Jay  19
American Crow  14
Black-capped Chickadee  16
Tufted Titmouse  2
Red-breasted Nuthatch  8
White-breasted Nuthatch  7
House Wren  1
Carolina Wren  5
Veery  1
Swainson's Thrush  3
American Robin  48
Gray Catbird  31
Cedar Waxwing  1
Orange-crowned Warbler  1    This is on the early side, but approaching the start of the interquartile range for arrival. It was a very gray individual seen at very close range as it moved about in a pine. No wingbars. faint supercilium and dark line through the eye with eye arcs, not eyering, and with faint blurry streaks on the side of the breast and flanks.
Hooded Warbler  3
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.)  5
White-throated Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  24