Date: 9/13/17 7:05 am
From: Percy, Katie <kpercy...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Reminder: BRAS Presentation Thurs, Sept. 14th (tomorrow)
After a summer break, our first speaker of the fall will be Dia Windhoffer, a recent graduate from Nicolls State University. Ms. Windhoffer earned her Master of Science degree studying predator removal and video monitoring as management tools for waterbird conservation. Specifically, she deployed video systems on Royal and Sandwich tern colonies on Louisiana's barrier islands to determine specific causes of nest failure, and also to determine the effectiveness of mammalian removal efforts to increase nest success.
Presenter: Dia Windhoffer
Title: "Evaluation of Mammalian Predator Removal and Video Monitoring as Management Tools for Waterbird Conservation"
Date: Thursday, September 14th
Time: 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Location: BREC's Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center's *Education Building*
10533 N. Glenstone Place, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
*Please note that the location is NOT the Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center. It is the Education Building, which is located on the back corner of N. Glenstone Place, a U-shaped street off of Bluebonnet Blvd. The Education Building has a swamp mural painted on the front.
Attendance is free for all BRAS Members, $3 at the door for non-BRAS Members and $2.50 for non-BRAS seniors (price of admission at the Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center).
Please RSVP if you plan on attending (<kpercy...><mailto:<kpercy...>) so that I can add your name to the guest list.
Thank you,
Katie Percy
<kpercy...><mailto:<kpercy...>

Join us on Facebook!