Date: 9/13/17 6:22 am
From: 'Janet & Steve Shields' <sjshields1...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Re: LeContes thrasher report??
We had a LeConte's Thrasher during the birding festival on 3/4/2016. Seen
at Old Springs Open Space Reserve near Borrego Springs. My notes say "We
waited almost an hour near a nest before it came out of cover. Running fast
on the ground with tail up, very cute." I realize "cute" is not a
diagnostic mark, but life lists are for fun anyway, right? I've forgotten
who the leader was, but the markings and behavior were correct, and the
leader was a well-respected desert expert. The birding festival list
indicates it was not seen in 2017 at the festival.

Join us on Facebook!