Date: 9/12/17 9:20 pm
From: Tim Janzen <tjanzen...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Malheur Narrows Egrets
I agree with the Jeff that the bird labeled as a Cattle Egret isn’t a Cattle Egret. The bill is far too long to be a Cattle Egret. Why isn’t this bird a Little Blue Heron? The legs look fine for Little Blue Heron. The bill is about the right length and thickness. Both photos of the bird (ML68686611 and ML68686621) show dark blue areas of feathering in the wings. Are there two Little Blue Herons at the Narrows or did Matt simply take two additional photos of the Little Blue Heron and then label them as “Cattle Egret”?

Sincerely,

Tim Janzen

Portland