Date: 9/12/17 7:56 pm
From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10...>
Subject: [wisb] Black-backed Woodpecker, 19 sp. warbler, Dark-eyed Juncos - Bayfield County
Exciting morning at my house in Bayfield County, highlighted by a new yard bird -- BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER! Unfortunately it landed only briefly and I didn't manage a photo, though I had been on the lookout as Hawk Ridge in Duluth has tallied above average numbers this month.

I also had 19 species of warblers, including my first ORANGE-CROWNED of the year (arrival dates the last 5 years now being Sept 12, 11, 9, 15, and 16) and the first major push of YELLOW-RUMPEDS with a total of 37 individuals. Other arrivals were DARK-EYED JUNCO (2) and a Winter Wren, along with a nice flight of 182 Pine Siskins.

Flycatchers made perhaps their final push, including several Leasts and a Yellow-bellied. Also of note were a few Bobolinks overhead and a Sora in my field.

Full eBird checklist at http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/view/checklist/S39143435

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady