Date: 9/12/17 6:15 pm
From: Matt Kalwasinski <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Lake County locations - 9/12
  I birded a handful of Northwest Indiana locations today. Istarted at Wolf Lake/Forsythe Park where I was able to see the WesternSandpiper that was reported the day before. It was mixed in with a good numberof Semipalmated Plovers and Sandpipers. Next, I headed to Whiting Park where Ifound zero migrants. After that, I headed to the Hammond Bird Sanctuary wherethings were quiet overall, but I did find a patch of warblers about halfwaythrough the sanctuary; just before the opening with the concrete benches. Ithen checked out Lake George, which has some excellent shorebird habitat due tothe lack of rain. However, I found only a few shorebirds. Lastly, I checked outthe 129th Street Wetland Mitigation Area of Wolf Lake, but the onlyshorebirds that I found where Killdeer. Below are some highlights.
Matt Kalwasinski WolfLake--Forsythe Park, Lake, Indiana, US Green-winged Teal  9Snowy Egret  1    Black-crowned Night-Heron  2Semipalmated Plover  25Killdeer  4Least Sandpiper  1Pectoral Sandpiper  1Semipalmated Sandpiper  17Western Sandpiper  1    Bonaparte's Gull  2Eastern Wood-Pewee  1Eastern Phoebe  1Nashville Warbler  1American Redstart  1Blackpoll Warbler  1 WhitingParkI could not find one single migrant. Extremely quiet  LakefrontPark and Sanctuary, Hammond, Lake, Indiana, US Swainson's Thrush  3Black-and-white Warbler  1Nashville Warbler  2Connecticut Warbler  1Hooded Warbler  1American Redstart  1Bay-breasted Warbler  2 LakeGeorge, Whiting, Lake, Indiana, USSep 12, 2017 12:40 PM - 1:13 PM Killdeer  5Semipalmated Sandpiper  1 129th Street WetlandAreaThe onlyshorebirds that I found where 9 Killdeer

Join us on Facebook!