Date: 9/12/17 5:54 pm
From: Tom SHANE <tom.shane...>
Subject: Finnney WA birds
We made a little bird drive this afternoon out in the Finney County Panhandle. At the Finney Wildlife Area we had 185 White-faced Ibis, 60 Barn Swallows, 1 Bank Swallow, and 1 Juvenile Cliff Swallow. Sara had a kettle of 50 or so Swainson's Hawks close to the Hodgeman County line.

Late this afternoon the UPS driver dropped off our copy of the new 7th edition of the NGS Birds of NA. The first flip through i spottrd a fabulous new plate for the Fox Sparrows, in addition to the tail drawings of the Longspurs, they now have added wing drawings. I don't think they got the latest AOU supplement changes added. The new family name for the Chat was not included.

Good Birdwatching,
Tom Shane
Garden City

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html