Date: 9/12/17 5:24 pm
Subject: Vandemark Turf: two visits, only 1 peep now, 13 Killdeer noon, 57 3P
No Godwits (no water) at NC33/I95 turf. (SIC.)

11:30 to 11:55 AM, and again 2:40P to 3P.

Irrigation line had been moved to back. The single peep was in far west in AM, near church in PM, in both cases loosely associated with Killdeer, which had just 13 in far west in AM, but 57 mainly middle to east in PM. (The 30 peep hanging out for some days evidently have moved on.)

Few birds in AM, but in PM a flock of 40 Rock Pigeons, 15 scattered feeding crows (common), 25 Starlings northeast with Killdeer, and one big hawk (Red-tail?) on ground way back ne.

10+ mph wind from north and some drizzle.

Anybody's guess why the KIlldeer numbers change--way early to think of roosting.

10 H. Larks---maybe more if I spent more time waiting for small dun birds slightly moving in dun background, in front of church where flocks had been.

Frank Enders, Halifax, NC

Join us on Facebook!