Date: 9/12/17 4:53 pm
Subject: Lake Wheeler Hudsonian Godwits flew- Phalarope present
About 5:30 this afternoon three of us were scoping the Lake Wheeler marshes again and saw the godwits, however later just before sundown the flock flew off toward the southeast. Just before our planned departure we watched a phalarope for quite a while- it flew in from somewhere and joined 8 Stilt Sandpipers. We believe a Wilson's Phalarope at this time, but are checking photos for verification. It was on the mudflat closest to the point by the bridge where 2 parking spaces are located. Anyway it might be worthwhile for others to check that lake early tomorrow morning as it was present at sunset.

WS 'Stacy' Barbour
Natalie Barbour
Raleigh

Join us on Facebook!