Date: 9/12/17 4:39 pm
From: Richard Bradus <grizzledjay...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Continuing Kingbird and Clay-colored at West Maintenance Yard
I've been missing most of the migration party but managed to get out to Middle Lake and the western edge of GGP around noon today, while the weather was still somewhat tropical. Just wanted to let you all know that the Eastern Kingbird and the Clay-colored Sparrow were still being seen around the West Maintenance Yard (Beach Chalet) area. I got only brief views; of the Clay-colored mostly in flight and of the Kingbird in the small trees at the west end eating ?acacia seeds and apparently much more secretive that on prior days. Lee-Hong Chang and Lee Guichan were there for a more extended period and got better sightings (thanks to both for your help).
Nothing rare for me at Middle Lake but a nice mix and interestingly, as Josiah also noted, I saw Pine Siskins (also Warbling Vireos) at both Middle Lake and the west maintenance yard area, the Siskins FOS for me. Still haven't seen a Townsend's (?!).
Hope the return of the fog doesn't drive all the visitors away.
Richard BradusSan Francisco

Join us on Facebook!